[Nix-dev] Merging x-updates?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:52:53 CEST 2012

Hi.

On 10/10/2012 07:42 PM, Peter Simons wrote:
> I would like to see the 'x-updates' branch re-integrated into 'master',
> because I need some of those updates to fully support my integrated
> Intel chipset. Is there anything that's preventing us from merging those
> updates into 'master'?

Only a trifle: when we upgrade X, we could already have Mesa 9.0
(released two days ago). The only problem is that it is labeled as
"development", stable being planned for 9.0.1.

Perhaps next time, just consider (IMHO no really ground-breaking changes
in Mesa 9 and anyone can have it in the new x-updates).

Vlada