[Nix-dev] Merging x-updates?

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Wed Oct 10 20:08:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 10/10/12 13:52, Vladimír Čunát wrote:

> On 10/10/2012 07:42 PM, Peter Simons wrote:
>> I would like to see the 'x-updates' branch re-integrated into 'master',
>> because I need some of those updates to fully support my integrated
>> Intel chipset. Is there anything that's preventing us from merging those
>> updates into 'master'?

Well, some testing would be good.  I was about to send a mail about that but you
beat me to it. :-)

So, everybody: please test the x-updates branch.  If you have a recent Nix
prerelease, you may want to use "--option binary-caches http://hydra.nixos.org"
to get prebuilt binaries from Hydra.

There are also some failing builds.  To see the regressions compared to the
trunk, go to:

  http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/nixpkgs/xorg-test/latest-eval?compare=trunk

and please fix packages you care about...

> Only a trifle: when we upgrade X, we could already have Mesa 9.0 (released two
> days ago). The only problem is that it is labeled as "development", stable being
> planned for 9.0.1.

Yup, I definitely don't want Mesa 9.0 right now :-)

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/