[Nix-dev] darwin + glib introspection

Jason O'Conal jason at oconal.id.au
Tue Aug 13 00:56:03 CEST 2013

Excerpts from Vladimír Čunát's message of 2013-08-08 06:03:40 +1000:
> while making x-updates mergeable to master, I seem to hit a darwin
> problem. We are going towards having glib introspection as build-time
> dependency of many base glib-based libs (transitively). Currently this
> depends on "otool" on darwin, which has unfree license, so Hydra doesn't
> even evaluate the things... this is bad.
>
> Can we make it there without otool there? (dep introduced by 216d47b) I
> don't know where was the problem (lovek323?). We could have all without
> introspection support for darwin by default, but this would quite
> complicate all the expressions, I think.

I don't think we can make this work without otool -- it is used to
rewrite the dylibs the binary links to. I've tried to find out the
license for otool or, ideally, get the source, but I can't. Does anyone
else have any suggestions?