[Nix-dev] icon-cache problem

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 21:20:27 CET 2013

On 11/05/2013 07:58 PM, Sergey Mironov wrote:
> OK, I see. Really, I found many packages doing
>
>    preFixup = "rm $out/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache";
>
> so I'll post similar update for gparted for now. Regarding hooks - I
> think I don't completely understand the idea: who should declare/own
> those hooks? And if we decide to follow the 'fixup' way, then why
> don't we simply hardcode this [rm
> $out/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache] into fixup stage?

The problem is that just removing the file doesn't solve it. After
generating every environment we should generate the cache file (it is
supposed to be shared for *all* icons in that subtree -- environment).

This thing is hard-coded for system environments, so there it should be
currently fine.

Vlada