[Nix-dev] How to package Heroku Toolbelt?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 08:24:29 CET 2013

On 11/15/2013 06:34 AM, Alex Berg wrote:
> Now, another question. After I install the Heroku Toolbelt, the `heroku`
> command is available on the command-line. But, I can't run it because I
> haven't installed Ruby.

That's because of not patching the shebangs. You are right that it's run
automatically, but you just need to add ruby to buildInputs, so it's
found by the patcher. (I confused this, direct running of patchShebangs
is only needed if the builders need to run scripts.)

However, it still complains about some dependencies. I would just have
to guess how this is best done, as I don't know ruby. You can try
looking at other packages using it (git grep ruby), or hopefully someone
with nix+ruby experience will help (e.g. I saw ToDo on wiki from Marc
Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de>).

Good luck!
Vlada