[Nix-dev] cinnamon-desktop build problem

Roelof Wobben rwobben at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 27 15:22:01 CET 2013

Hello,

I have this expression :

{ stdenv, autoreconfHook, fetchurl, pkgconfig, gobjectIntrospection, gettext, glib, intltool, pkgs}:

stdenv.mkDerivation rec {
  name = "cinnamon-desktop";
  version = "2.0.4" ;
  inherit (pkgs.gnome) gnome_common ;

  src = fetchurl {
    url =
"http://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-desktop/archive/${version}.tar.gz";
    sha256 = "1cywin712558pv58c0cr73m25hfcv5x8pv5frvqjr9gwr2gpi6h3";
  };

  buildInputs = [autoreconfHook pkgconfig gobjectIntrospection gettext glib intltool] ;

  configureFlags = "--disable-static "  ;

  passthru = {
      gir_path= "/share/gir-1.0";
      gi_typelib_path = "/lib/girepository-1.0";
  };

  meta = {
    homepage = "http://cinnamon.linuxmint.org";
    description = "cinnamon-desktop contains the libcinnamon-desktop library, the cinnamon-about program as well as some desktop-wide document " ;

   longDescription = ''
      The libcinnamon-desktop library provides API shared by several applications
      on the desktop, but that cannot live in the platform for various
      reasons. There is no API or ABI guarantee, although we are doing our
      best to provide stability. Documentation for the API is available with
      gtk-doc.
    '';

    platforms = stdenv.lib.platforms.linux;
};
}

And I see this error message :

checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) none
checking for pkg-config... /nix/store/sjg0j92drrip1pch65srsxa9jw0zq4g6-pkg-config-0.23/bin/pkg-config
./configure: line 13197: syntax error near unexpected token `maximum'
./configure: line 13197: `GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS(maximum)'
builder for `/nix/store/dj7fh3h1wlslp2nkb23apaffrgy06i3l-cinnamon-desktop.drv' failed with exit code 2
error: build of `/nix/store/dj7fh3h1wlslp2nkb23apaffrgy06i3l-cinnamon-desktop.drv' failed

On google the solution looks like to add gnome-common so I did.
But still the same error.

Who can help me with this ?

Roelof