[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs-monitor. New milestone: patches

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Fri Nov 29 06:35:34 CET 2013

>Not sure if this is still relevant - I'll drop my thoughts nonetheless.
>

>I think a (web) dashboard *and* email reports would be useful. I
>personally don't care very much about a RSS feed, but generating it
>wouldn't be that hard either.
>

>Email reports are mostly useful if they're maintainer-specific. I don't
>think it's useful to send out emails for every package with never
>versions available.
>
>Another thing to keep in mind are packages with multiple maintainers:
>You should make sure that not both (or more) start working on the same
>update. For email notification, putting all maintainers in the CC field
>makes such coordination pretty easy.
>
>It would also be nice to send just one mail for multiple packages, if
>the maintainer list is the same for all.
>

>The last time the data was updates on the main page would be helpful
>too.

I looked at the web dashboard…

I don't understand why "Outdated" flag gets set even if I untick
it.

Did I get it right that "vulnerable" flag is not shown in the
list (it can only be used as a filter now)?

Are URLs stable (maybe modulo domain name)? I wonder if it is
time for me to start writing a console client already.

Can coverage by Other Means be declared somehow? I have working
updaters for some listed-as-uncovered packagers…

There are packages with separated major versions. Should we mark
this with a special meta attribute somehow? Because automake110x is not
going to be major-updated to 1.14 anyway. I.e. this could be a flag
«only minor updates». Could be useful to prevent human misunderstanding,
too.