[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs-monitor. New milestone: patches

Moritz Ulrich moritz at tarn-vedra.de
Fri Nov 29 00:58:41 CET 2013

Not sure if this is still relevant - I'll drop my thoughts nonetheless.

I think a (web) dashboard *and* email reports would be useful. I
personally don't care very much about a RSS feed, but generating it
wouldn't be that hard either.

Email reports are mostly useful if they're maintainer-specific. I don't
think it's useful to send out emails for every package with never
versions available.

Another thing to keep in mind are packages with multiple maintainers:
You should make sure that not both (or more) start working on the same
update. For email notification, putting all maintainers in the CC field
makes such coordination pretty easy.

It would also be nice to send just one mail for multiple packages, if
the maintainer list is the same for all.

The last time the data was updates on the main page would be helpful
too.