[Nix-dev] NixOS Live CD (Graphic) Boot Failure

J. Brian Kelley jbk at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 3 17:26:33 CET 2014

I agree that the problem is hardware related, but I cannot see any
indication that the drive / controller is malfunctioning. Remember that
I have just run the gparted live-cd (Debian) against the drive for hours
rearranging the "deck chairs". NixOS is the only distro I have tried
that is malfunctioning in this area.

I suspect that this is an "enumeration" (is that a general or
Windows-specific term?) problem which is unique to whatever approach the
NixOS packagers have selected to use. If so, the question is how to
identify it.