[Nix-dev] "Failed to execute login command"

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:45:12 CEST 2014

On 03/09/2014 05:28, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> My personal experience with drivers being updated (say, along with the
> kernel) is that X keeps running but if I try to restart it then it
> won't work unless I reboot which is understandable considering they
> are now linked against new kernel. Perhaps a similar thing is
> happening here, big driver update. I think you should say what your
> DE/DM is, I thought those never get restarted by default.
I think something crashes because of using some new libraries loaded at
runtime. After all, drivers get linked under /run, there's no "active"
driver for an X session. Still these are all suppositions because I was
never able to debug the problem (it locked the machine, I had to hard
reboot), but I guess it would be a start to not replace the new GL under
/run, unless it's not used anymore.
Also such crashes like not being able to use anything is often related
to graphics drivers.