[Nix-dev] Problem when running some JVM librairies under NixOS

Alois Cochard alois.cochard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:26:22 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I have just migrated my development workstation from ArchLinux to NixOS,
and I'm facing a small issues when developing my JVM applications.

The problem manifest itself with two libraries (embedded mongodb, and
embedded protobuf compiler) which have in common one thing:
- They extract some file in the `/tmp` folder and start an executable from
the extracted files

I won't show the detail of the exception here, but basically it seems like
the files get deleted (file not found) before being able to start the
external process.

Everything was working fine on my previous distribution, and I'm trying to
understand what could trigger the problem? Is there anything specific when
it comes to dealing with the `/tmp` directory in Nix?

Any idea how I could investigate the issue in more detail?

Thanks for this great OS and for your help

--
*Λ\ois*
http://twitter.com/aloiscochard