[Nix-dev] How to add yourself as a maintainer for Haskell packages

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Aug 28 15:28:11 CEST 2015

Hi Henning,

 > I like to use that service but I have about 100 packages at
 > Hackage. Shall I them all to cabal2nix/Maintainers.hs and
 > constantly update this list?

at the moment, this is your only option, I'm afraid. I did more or
less the same thing: I cut and pasted the list of packages from [1]
into the file and edited it for syntax. I realize this approach
doesn't scale well, but it's all we have right now.

 > Can I manage just all packages by hackage maintainer
 > HenningThielemann. On the other hand there are some deprecated
 > packages. Hm.

Nothing prevents us from constructing that list of maintainers
programmatically. We could turn it into a function that has access
to the Hackage database so that it's possible to collect all
packages that mention a certain maintainer name in their Cabal file.
Would that work better for you?

Best regards
Peter

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/user/PeterSimons