[Nix-dev] Haskellng - enable profiling

Carlo Nucera meditans at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 00:25:26 CET 2015

Hi all, I'd like some help to build a haskell package I'm developing
while transitively enabling profiling.  I'm trying to do the thing
described in
http://lists.science.uu.nl/pipermail/nix-dev/2015-January/015620.html
What I'd like here is a demonstration on how to do that directly in
the definition on myPackage (see below).

Here is, more or less, my .nixpkgs/config.nix:

|  { pkgs }: {
|    allowBroken = true;
|    allowUnfree = true;
|
|    haskellPackageOverrides = self: super: {
|      ghci-ng   = self.callPackage /path/to/ghci-ng/default.nix   {};
|      myPackage = self.callPackage /path/to/myPackage/default.nix {};
|    };
|
|    packageOverrides = pkgs: with pkgs; rec {
|
|      haskellEnv = haskellngPackages.ghcWithPackages cabalPackages;
|
|      cabalPackages = hp: with hp; [
|        cabal2nix
|        cabal-install-bundle
|        # Other libraries
|
|        myPackage
|      ];
|    };
|  }

The goal here is to build myPackage with profiling enabled
(transitively for his dependencies). If you have other advises on this
file, feel free to share.

Thanks
Carlo