[Nix-dev] staging --> master merge imminent

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 11:01:15 CET 2015

On 03/02/2015 10:46 AM, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
>> A few days passed. I merged staging from the libsigsegv change. I didn't know
>> next commits, so I thought better not to merge them.
>
> That kind of defeats the purpose of the staging branch, which is to combine
> "mass rebuild" changes. See here:

Why should it defeat the staging purpose? He merged version 953466f,
which was completely built by Hydra on job 1173079
http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/nixpkgs/staging . Therefore, if there was
a significant amount of rebuilding after that merge, it was only because
someone else has pushed mass-rebuild changes to master in-between, and
this "re-triggered" them.

Vladimir