[Nix-dev] How to package FZF?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Sat Mar 7 14:22:37 CET 2015

Hi,

I want to package "fzf"[0], but I don't know where to start. Help would be
highly appreciated!

The problem I'm facing: fzf comes with an extensive install script[1] - I'm sure
I can't just run it while installing, as I guess it is also interactive and so
on.

Besides, fzf is a go/ruby package, and I'm not sure how to package it.

Any pointers where to look at and how to start would be highly appreciated!

(I already packaged some stuff for NixOS, so I know how to do the basic
plumbing, just looking for suggestions on how to start with this particular
piece of software)

[0]: https://github.com/junegunn/fzf
[1]: https://github.com/junegunn/fzf/blob/master/install

PS: There is also an extensive uninstall-script, but I guess this does not
matter that much for the first strike, does it? :-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.