[Nix-dev] Qt Oxygen style in nixpkgs

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 00:53:03 CET 2015

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 2:46 AM Thomas Tuegel <ttuegel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Kirill Elagin <kirelagin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > However I still have a question. For some reason Qt falled back not to a
> > “built-in” style but for the Phase style plugin and seems that this one
> > worked fine. Do you have an idea why? Is that just a happy coincidence?
>
> Styles that ship with Qt will be on the RPATH of the nixpkgs qtconfig
> executable, so it should find them. If that your distro's version of
> that style was on QT_PLUGIN_PATH, that would probably override the
> built-in version and cause problems, but it looks like your distro
> sets a QT_PLUGIN_PATH that avoids that.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> --
> Thomas Tuegel

Right, but Phase is a kde style just like Oxygen. And as far as I can tell
from the strace after `/usr/lib64/kde4/plugins/styles/oxygen.so` fails Qt
loads `/usr/lib64/kde4/plugins/styles/phasestyle.so` and surprisingly this
works fine. I guess that’s just because the style is less complex and
doesn’t depend on libkdeui, so doesn’t load anything.