[Nix-dev] Providing Debian, Arch etc. packages counterproductive?

Thomas Hunger tehunger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 00:50:20 CEST 2015

The deb can be inspected with "dpkg -c". It contains all the nix-*
commands, man pages, some perl, headers and some basic nix library
functions. What's missing is a postinst script that setting up the things
according to [1] (probably needs updating).

On reflection platform specific packages would be useful to work around
issues like [2] which one of my friends hit today. And as Vladimir says for
the multi-user setup with the daemon. I'm not sure I have the energy to go
around and fix all the packages but maybe debian and arch would be a good
start.

~

[1]
https://nixos.org/wiki/Installing_Nix_on_Debian