[Nix-dev] NixOS-Wiki alternative. Was: What license does the content of the nixos wiki and the manuals have?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Fri Sep 25 16:28:26 CEST 2015

On 25-09-2015 16:18:31, Vladimír Čunát wrote:
> On 09/25/2015 02:24 PM, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> > So, an idea came up - why not using static pages for all of this?
>
> Yeah, sounds good. Actually, you can edit and preview files on github
> easily - it's two clicks to get a PR with the changes (at least markdown
> is previewed).

Glad you like it!

Yes, you can view markdown on github and also create pull requests
with the github user interface - almost forgot about that. So
contributing would be _that_ simple!

> Personally, I've got great experience with Hakyll, "running"
> http://vcunat.matfyz.cz for years. The flexibility is really great,
> XMonad-like and combined with the power of pandoc...

and 1GB installation, as you mentioned.

I used Jekyll because I don't know Haskell (I know a bit, but not
enough) and I can see that haskell puts off a lot of people just
because it is different. Using Jekyll was just a sound decision. It is
maintained, really easy to extend and there's a load of documentation
on how to use it, build with travis etc etc etc. Everything is just
_there_ and you just have to plug parts together, you know?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.