[Nix-dev] Too many open issues

zimbatm zimbatm at zimbatm.com
Sun Jul 24 23:41:08 CEST 2016

As far as I know Homebrew is the only other package manager that has
embraced github as their issue tracker. Are there any others we could use
as a comparison? I am specifically looking at ones where issues are being
tagged automatically.

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core only has 2.8k closed PRs and 284
closed issues and so don't have the same problems as we do. They use labels
sparingly and don't seem to be using any bots.

There are a couple of other big project that are using a bot to help with
the PRs but I don't see any doing it with the issues. Us having different
sub-components with various owners seems to be a fairly rare problem.