[Nix-dev] Install texlive on 16.09

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Sat Nov 5 21:09:08 CET 2016

Thus quoth  laverne  at 16:20 on Sat, Nov 05 2016:

> On 16.03, one could do `nix-env -iA nixos.texLive` to get it, but that entry is not in all-packages.nix anymore.

I believe that way of installing TeXLive is gone for good.

> I took a stab at installing it with `nix-env -iA nixos.texlive.combined`. This churned for a long time and finally finished with this message

The following worked for me a couple months ago:

 nix-env -i -A 'nixos.pkgs.texlive.combined.scheme-full'

> I think that this is the wrong way to install what I want, but if it is, how does one resolve this issue?

Do you want the full TeXLive distribution?

Apparently, there are a couple schemes available, and you can also build
yours relatively easily.  I haven't tried that yet though.

--
Sergiu