[Nix-dev] Install texlive on 16.09

Ruben Astudillo ruben.astud at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 01:45:31 CET 2016

On 05/11/16 12:20, laverne wrote:
> How do I install LaTeX on NixOS 16.09?

The other replies answered that, I want to address how to deal with
"subhierarchies" in nixpkgs. You could clone the nixpkgs repo and search
from there, but it is easy to get lost. The alternative I like is
getting familiar with nix-repl, available with `nix-shell -p nix-repl`

    slack at eureka> nix-repl
    Welcome to Nix version 1.11.4. Type :? for help.

    nix-repl> pkgs = import <nixpkgs> {}

    nix-repl> builtins.attrNames pkgs.texlive.combined
    [ "recurseForDerivations" "scheme-basic" "scheme-context"
      "scheme-full" "scheme-gust" "scheme-medium" "scheme-minimal"
      "scheme-small" "scheme-tetex" "scheme-xml" ]

    nix-repl>

where the schemes seems to be mandated by the source. Anyways, that also
will help you to look for packages in `haskellPackages` and
`python35Packages`.

--
-- Ruben