[Nix-dev] No patchShebangs in lyx/default.nix

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Sun Sep 4 00:34:38 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have a couple rather simple questions about lyx/default.nix which are
certainly due to my ignorance.

The postFixup phase in this file is defined as follows:

  postFixup = ''
    sed '1s:/usr/bin/python:${python}/bin/python:'

    wrapProgram "$out/bin/lyx" \
      --prefix PATH : '${python}/bin'
  '';

The package installs just fine, lyx is wrapped all right.  However, when
I run the sed command from this script in my terminal (not in
nix-shell), it blocks waiting for input.

Is postFixup run with standard input set on one of the files in the
output directory?

Furthermore, this sed line seems to be patching the shebang of the
script.  Would it be maybe more appropriate to use patchShebangs
instead? (kudos to FRidh for telling me about this function)

I can do the change and file a pull request if that seems appropriate.

--
Sergiu