[Nix-dev] Fwd: Failed: Hydra job nixpkgs:trunk:adb-sync.x86_64-darwin

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Wed Sep 7 00:04:21 CEST 2016

Thus quoth  Vladimír Čunát  at 08:58 on Di, Sep 06 2016:
> On 09/06/2016 12:42 AM, Sergiu Ivanov wrote:
>> Is there a way to debug such Hydra failures?
>
> Looking again, Hydra reports "output limit exceeded". I didn't know we
> had such explicit limits. Just the unpacked tarball *is* relatively
> large > 200 MB.

Indeed.

I tried checking how androidsdk, adb-sync's main dependency, was built
by Hydra, and it turns out it isn't (hydraPlatforms is set to [] in
androidsdk.nix).  So I copied that line from androidsdk.nix and also
narrowed down the supported platforms to those supported by
androidsdk.nix [0].

I also removed preferLocalBuild = true, thanks again for the
explanation.

--
Sergiu

[0] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/18375