[Nix-dev] NixOps usage survey.

stewart mackenzie setori88 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 00:54:59 CEST 2016

Yes, you're deliberately breaking purity, but if you're going to be using
it as part of the development infrastruction (he could mean many things,
does he mean *code deployment infrastructure* or implicitly implying CDI
and explicitly mentioning part of the development infrastructure.)

If he means he wishes to use nix as the main way to build the project,
(I.e. make replacement, so to say) then he'll very very quickly hit a wall
in that he'll be waiting long periods for the project to compile from
scratch each time. This is infuriating and incremenal compilation can have
a significant positive impact on your development flow.

So yes, I will recommend him to break purity in this case, I should have
mentioned, when you actually deploy, make sure you haven't enabled this
incremenal compilation feature. Keep it pure, but I was going to mention
that to him if/when he gets to that bridge so that he doesn't get
information overload now.