[Nix-dev] [NixDev] buildFHSUserEnv, network problems

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 12:20:58 CEST 2016

Nikolay, I made more research on the issue. It turns out that I had
two different problems:
1) "Connecting to nix.org (nix.org)|160.153.18.102|:80... failed:" -
was the misconfigured http_proxy. Setting it correctly makes wget
work. By nix.org  I mean nixos.org. nix.org is a valid name too, site
provides some content.
2) "FailedConnectionException2 "raw.githubusercontent.com" 443 True
getProtocolByName: does not exist (no such protocol name: tcp)"
message is actually produced by `stack` tool (Haskell package
builder). This problem still exists. I think it is some corner case,
related to gethostbyname() configuration.

I will try to contact Stack maintainers.
Thanks for quick response!
Sergey