[Nix-dev] Auto upgrade

Mark Gardner mkg at vt.edu
Fri Feb 24 22:41:56 CET 2017

Curiously, upgrading just broke something...

I triggered the upgrade manually. Everything seemed to go fine. But then
chromium could not connect to any google.com web pages with a
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. (It connected to everything else just fine.) Turns
out they shipped with a new experimental variable (maximum TLS
version=default) which defaults to TLS 1.3. (See
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=693943.) Going to
chrome://flags and switching it to TLS 1.2 enabled me to go to their web
sites again. I wonder why they added that to the "stable" branch instead of
an experimental branch?

Mark
--
Mark Gardner