[Nix-dev] Call For Maintainers - Fractalide BETA release

Herwig Hochleitner hhochleitner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:46:46 CET 2017

> Reusable and reproducible functions have nothing to do with Nix/NixOS?

Not in particular with nix-dev, they don't.

What about reproducible libraries?

Nope.

> What about reproducible monolith apps?

No. Why not try posting about some haskell project to ghc-dev? It has
functions hasn't it?

> This is a _new_ concept to the Nix/NixOS

That's kind of my point. The way you're _presenting_ it, your aim doesn't
seem to be contributing to NixOS, but stealing away motivated people that
have time and energy for maintaining OSS projects.

If you were actually interested in adding to nix-dev, you might be talking
about how lessons from your project could apply to Nix and how we could
drag NixOS even further into the 21st century, but instead you want a
maintainer for a completely unrelated project. And that right on the heels
of us having (thankfully, THANKFULLY) found a new release manager (an issue
that got me genuinely concerned, and many others too, I'm sure).

It just comes across as a sleazy freeloading attempt, don't you get that?

If I could still help you understand my issue any better, please don't
hesitate to contact me off-list.

kind regards