[Nix-dev] Call For Maintainers - Fractalide BETA release

Herwig Hochleitner hhochleitner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:12:57 CET 2017

> please speak for yourself. I found Stewart's message both interesting
> and relevant for this mailing list -- much more so than the trolling and
> flaming that followed it. I did not respond simply because I had nothing
> meaningful to say, so please don't include me in that "us" crowd that
> apparently ignores Stewart because I don't.

Hereby excluding you from the silent majority. I admit that invoking the
silent majority was bad form and apologize.

In fact, I do find Stewart's project interesting and agreeable, in and of
itself, and I have said as much in a private continuation of this thread.

However, I do continue to find the message completely inappropriate for
nix-dev (for all the reasons I detailed) and I think it's a pity that you
find it relevant, as you have obviously brought more to the NixOS table
than me and Stewart combined, hence are more likely to be heard.

I do like to think that my criticism was on point, if a bit harsh.
Angling to pull maintainers from nix-dev (even if just so perceived)
continues to disgust me deeply, but I'd like to apologize for any flaming
or trolling that I did in response to that.

kind regards