[Nix-dev] Call For Maintainers - Fractalide BETA release

zimbatm zimbatm at zimbatm.com
Thu Jan 12 20:42:33 CET 2017

Ironically I didn't get the original message but now have 10 more emails to
read, not all of them super friendly. As far as I know there are no
explicit rules for the mailing list so it's open for interpretation. If we
want to set more rules then we need a document that we can refer people to,
and therefor a process to create the document.

Personally I think it's acceptable to post announcement-type emails from
related projects like fractalide and guix. We are not a super big community
so let's not split ourselves in smaller pieces. Worst case, add a
"-fractalide" filter in the email client.

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 at 14:33 Moritz Ulrich <moritz at tarn-vedra.de> wrote:

stewart mackenzie <setori88 at gmail.com> writes:

> Reusable Functions - They're great, they're just great, you'll love them.

Sneaky remarks like this are totally inappropriate here. Profpatsch
asked nicely for a short pitch of your project, and you throw this
completely useless sentence into his face.

This isn't how you get users for your project. Personally, I'm repelled
by your behavior.