[Nix-dev] "nix-shell --pure -p qt5.qtbase --run qmake" not finding linux-g++

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:48:37 CET 2017

On 23 January 2017 at 03:56, Thomas Tuegel <ttuegel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It doesn't work for me:
>>
>> $ nix-shell --pure -p qt5.qtbase -p qt5.qmakeHook --run qmake
>> Could not find qmake configuration file linux-g++.
>> Error processing project file: /home/bfo/test.pro
>>
>> Does it work for you?
>
> No, but the following does:
>
> $ nix-shell --pure -p qt5.qtbase -p qt5.qmakeHook --run "runHook
> preConfigure; qmake"

Thanks! Now it works.

> Generally, one needs to run all the preceding phases, even in nix-shell.

That's unfortunate. I mean, it's surprising to me that qmake won't
work in a nix-shell unless running some hook first. It was my
understanding that tools typically work in nix-shell simply because of
the environment variables that are (automatically) set.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman