[Nix-dev] purescript takes 4+ hours to build a hello world app on nixos

Sergei Trofimovich slyich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 18:02:50 CET 2017

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:48:14 +0800
stewart mackenzie <setori88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm confounded by this issue, I'd like to know if anyone on nixos can
> reproduce this behaviour.
>
> https://github.com/purescript/purescript/issues/2598
>
> There are easy steps to reproduce on the issue description.
>
> Note it doesn't seem to exhibit when using nix on ubuntu etc.

Your system time

    real    22m21.918s
    user    13m49.982s
    sys     23m1.702s

suggests something is seriously off on your system.
Perhaps machine is swapping heavily.

If it works that long for you you should be able
to explore the problem as it goes with tools like
'perf top', 'strace' and others.

Build times for purescript on my machine don't
exceed 1 minute.

--

  Sergei