[Nix-dev] Preparing for 14.04

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Wed Apr 2 23:26:24 CEST 2014

Hi all,

April is upon us, and April Fool's Day is behind us, and that means it's
time for the next NixOS stable release! I'm going to be going through
the open issues and marking some with the 14.04 milestone and others
with the 14.10, and if you have something you'd really like to get into
the release or you know for sure will have to wait, please do the same.
And please also assign yourself (or, if you're not a team collaborator
on github, mention you'll do the work in the comments) to any issues you
want to tackle. In particular, we'll need anyone who worked on a major
change in the past several months to pitch in on
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/2112.

If you have any thoughts on how the release process should go, please
chime in! I think collecting a list of github issues, pruning down to
the ones we can realistically finish, and then just doing the work is
one way to do it, but there may be better approaches out there.

~Shea