[Nix-dev] Keeping nixpkgs up to date

Alexander Kjeldaas ak at formalprivacy.com
Tue Sep 2 10:14:19 CEST 2014

With the awesome monitor.nixos.org system, we're prety close to 1) deriving
trivial patches (update version and sha256) automatically, 2) building
these trivial patches in a monitor.nixos.org-controlled branch, and 3)
notifying maintainers that a successful build of a new version exists so
they can 4) expose a particular commit as a pull request.

I have a feeling that 97% of the updates could be handled like this,
bringing the maintainance job down to a couple of mouse clicks.

Alexander