[Nix-dev] Keeping nixpkgs up to date

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Tue Sep 2 10:52:28 CEST 2014

>With the awesome monitor.nixos.org system, we're prety close to 1) deriving
>trivial patches (update version and sha256) automatically, 2) building
>these trivial patches in a monitor.nixos.org-controlled branch, and 3)
>notifying maintainers that a successful build of a new version exists so
>they can 4) expose a particular commit as a pull request.
>
>I have a feeling that 97% of the updates could be handled like this,
>bringing the maintainance job down to a couple of mouse clicks.

I am a package maintainer and can look up…

irrelevant is for stable-to-unstable with existing unstable expression
and for cross-branch upgrades.

      1 not sure if 0.8.0.3 is relevant on linux
      1 patch OK
      2 hard to say
      2 not linked on homepage
      3 build failure
     11 patch ok
     12 build pending
     23 irrelevant
     29 no patch

So, happiness is, as usual, delayed… Although I should probably apply
this dozen of patches.