[Nix-dev] Too many open issues

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Fri Jul 22 17:10:54 CEST 2016

On 22-07-2016 13:26:13, Wout Mertens wrote:
> Ok, how about this: We split nixpkgs in nixpkgs-core and nixpkgs-community

I would argue against this.

As others have explained (and as Graham Christensen wrote in the next
mail in this thread) size is not a bad thing and we really should be
proud.

Reaching out to others and asking how they do it is way better IMO.
Splitting the problem into smaller ones will not solve the issue.

Also: "Moving" packages between repositories is not as trivial as you
might think. We would lose history _all the time_, and at least I
consider this a big NO-NO.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,