[Nix-dev] Too many open issues

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:26:31 CEST 2016

I did triaging in the past in a big distro.
What was frustrating was that I had the feeling that most bugs were
fixed by themselves (like if they were
rediscovered and fix upstream, or care about when developers
encounters them by themselves).

Thinking about it, I have come to the conclusion that it is probably
part of how teams organize like:
-documenters
-bug triagers
-developers
etc.

I think it would help to organize around subject:
-administrating tools
--cloud
--other
-games
-desktops
--kde
--gnome-shell
--mate
--cinnamon
--other
-printing
-audio/video
-office software
-science
--astronomy
--medical
--electronic
--other
-other

Developers are likely to prefer to organize around programming languages.
I guess it is ok to let them aggregate by programming language, but
that way, should be
kept less important than the previous category I think.

So it is important that bug triagers, documentation, etc. are on the
same teams as developers that have
access to infrastructure, and that suggestions can become real changes.

I believe that to achieve this, a forum is a much better place than a
mailing list.